What to give for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to give for Christmas?

I have to admit I usually go for the practical gifts for my lady and up this point she was fine with it. This year is different because I have a new lady and we are at the start of the relationship. The practical gift is out the window with this one since she has most everything she needs plus I think I can do better.

My gut is telling me to do some kind of jewelry but before I do I thought I'd ask the ladies here. If you don't know my story feel free to look up my posts to get some background. Those that may remember my last post I should tell you that we had an excellent date the other night. She got me several thoughtful gifts plus one that I can't open until Christmas, and one I hope to get on our next date the day after Christmas.

So ladies here is your chance to tell us the type of presents that you really remember and appreciate from your guy. I specifically need help since we are early in the relationship and I don't want to overdo things.

I am not a lady, last I Checked. So.

A gift card at Bed, Bath, Beyond. Most could find something(s) that they would like.
    Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Pandora!
      The Dick is the Best Toy Ever!

Comment

Not a lady...and I love the differences...but here is my advice after years of experience...
        Jewelry...you can never really go wrong with jewelry...I don't understand it, but it's true...
        Hope you choose well!

You can also never go wrong with something you make yourself and accompany it with words that express the love you feel in your heart...when properly done and sincere, it always trumps jewelry!
        Start BPEL 4.9 MSEG 4.7
        Current ​BPEL 7 MSEG 5.87
        Goal 8x6
        Getinbig's progress log
        Getinbig DP4000 Progress Log

Comment

I gave my Bride some Jewelry as a gift for our Anniversary.

I went to Ben & Wah Jewelers!

Or you can always give her a Pearl Necklace!
          “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything” Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't think a gift card will work, it's just too impersonal. If we had been together as a couple for a while some kind of anniversary gift would be fine but we are just getting started.

I like the idea of something put together but I'm not very crafty. I would write her a song but to get it right takes time.

I like something that can be changed or added to over time. I was thinking along the lines of a charm bracelet where charms could be added as we hit milestones in the relationship. I would love to hear from the ladies.

Comment

One that my Bride loved when we first started dating was an Appointment for a SPA treatment.

Scrub, Massage, Facial, Manicure, Pedicure, etc. She Loved It.

Brazilian Waxing???? Maybe not on the first go around.
              akaTrex
              Member of the Month Jan 2016
              Last edited by akaTrex; 12-19-2014, 09:48 AM.
              “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything” Albert Einstein

Comment

Jewellery is good usually. Just have a look at what type of jewellery she has on in order to know what kind of style to buy. I got my girl a nice watch last Christmas, she was delighted with that.

I agree, gift cards are a bit impersonal, especially for a new romance. Depending on the personality type of the girl, but a few funny/quirky gifts are always good in addition to gifts. Also, you can never go wrong with some bath/moisturiser/beauty product Christmas kits.
                League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

I think it really depends on what your lady likes.

I like jewellery but I don't wear it all that often and when I do I'm pretty particular about the pieces I wear. Of that stuff that guys have bought for me only one piece was something that I would pick out to wear, the rest sits in boxes on my dresser and almost never gets worn. So if you want to give jewellery I'd suggest making note of the kinds of things she wears. Does she ever wear bracelets? If so then a charm bracelet might be an idea. Unless she already wears one. If she doesn't wear bracelets then she may find them annoying and not want to be wearing one.

Spa treatments and pampering are nice, if she's that kind of person. I am, kind of. I love a really good massage - like a full-force deep tissue massage. There's a place in town that apparently does fantastic Turkish-style massages, I'd love that as a gift 'cause I'm sure not spending the money on that myself. But I know several people who hate the idea of a massage from a stranger, and a few women who don't like manicures etc so those kinds of gifts would be wasted on them.

To me ANY gift that shows that you've put thought and meaning into it is fabulous. It doesn't have to cost a lot, or anything at all. It just has to show that you know me, you get me. Anyone who knows my hobbies knows what to get me. So think about it - what does she like to do? Does she enjoy reading? Does she have any favourite authors or musicians or painters or poets? Baking/cooking? Gardening? Oceans? Forests? Pets? Travel? Pick something she enjoys and she's passionate about a see if you can find a gift that fits in there.

And if you know her size and style and she's a lingerie type of gal then one of the places I buy my corsets from is having a sale this week.

ETA: Gift baskets, related to something she likes, are always cool too. I'm a sucker for gift baskets, I don't know why. Every year I buy myself one. I saw a big huge one in Costco yesterday with a giant copper bowl and thought ooooh now that's nice, but I wasn't about to spend that kind of money for it. But for me gift baskets remind me of being a kid with an Easter basket and the excitement that always came with wondering what was inside it. So you could look for a pre-made basket with stuff in it that she'd like, or you could put one together with various different things.
                  Qandisa
                  Member of the Month March 2016
                  Last edited by Qandisa; 12-19-2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

hmmm handbags and jewellery is best I think, if I have enough money I may have choose expensive bag and necklace. Anyway don't know about all girls but majority of them love jewellery and handbags.
                    Start:
                    NBPEL 5 inch :bad:
                    BPEL 6.5 inch
                    EG 5.1 inch :bad:

Goal:
                    NBPEL 7.5 :cool:
                    EG 6 :cool:

Comment

Hiya resqguy,

Since the relationship is still relatively new, why not consider getting her something that will remind her of fond memories of the two of you?

Is there a song that has significance for you both? Buy her the CD.

Is there a movie you both saw and loved? Buy her the DVD.

Did you share a great bottle of wine? Buy her that.

Did you meet at a particular coffee shop or restaurant? Get something from there such as a gift certificate.

Did you go somewhere together that was especially enjoyable? Purchase something that will remind her of that.

And if it is a few little items, put them together in a basket or box to create a "cherished moments" gift. It will let her know that you think of her fondly and look forward to creating even more fond memories in this relationship.

Comment

Mine loves music. I am giving her an upright organ.
                        Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Old thread I know but here's a gift I wouldn't mind lol

FB_IMG_1513632645619.jpg
                          Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas,
                            Only a hippopotamus will do. ......
                            Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                            12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                            12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                            01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                            01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                            01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                            Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Working...
                            X