Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you completely satisfy a woman's emotional needs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you completely satisfy a woman's emotional needs?

Edit:
    I would like to clarify the question based on feedback from everyone. (The Passionate Wife in particular.)

How do you best fulfill the needs of a woman (in regards to her emotional well-being) within a long-term, committed relationship?

I would prefer answers from the ladies. I am open to answers from men that have gained experience in this area. Thanks!
    pencil_puller
    Last edited by pencil_puller; 12-28-2014, 07:43 PM.
    A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
    - Bruce Lee

My Progress: pencil_puller's log

I don't even know how to answer that. Seriously. That's such an incredibly broad and open-ended question that there simply is no one correct answer to.

The best answer I can give is that it's the same as being a good friend to someone. Be supportive of them. Listen to their needs and try to respond. Be loving and caring. Know what their emotional needs are. And realize that there's a limit to what you can do and after that point the rest is up to them.

There's a premise in psychology that no one can *make* you feel anything. The basic principle of it is that you have to own and be responsible for your own emotions. No one *makes* you angry, you get angry in certain situations. Conversely no one *makes* you happy, you feel happy in certain situations. To an extent our emotional reactions are controllable and that means we can choose how to react in various situations. And taking ownership of our emotions means that we can't blame them on other people. So while there are things that you can do to help support someone's emotional health, the rest of it is something that they have to do for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Qandisa View Post
      I don't even know how to answer that. Seriously. That's such an incredibly broad and open-ended question that there simply is no one correct answer to.

The best answer I can give is that it's the same as being a good friend to someone. Be supportive of them. Listen to their needs and try to respond. Be loving and caring. Know what their emotional needs are. And realize that there's a limit to what you can do and after that point the rest is up to them.

There's a premise in psychology that no one can *make* you feel anything. The basic principle of it is that you have to own and be responsible for your own emotions. No one *makes* you angry, you get angry in certain situations. Conversely no on *makes* you happy, you feel happy in certain situations. To an extent our emotional reactions are controllable and that means we can choose how to react in various situations. And taking ownership of our emotions means that we can't blame them on other people. So while there are things that you can do to help support someone's emotional health the rest of it is up to them.
      That being said, the people around us have a major impact on us. Our surroundings influence us to a large degree. Have you ever heard the saying, to get a good idea about who a person is, look at his/her 5 closest friends?
      I'm not saying we're at effect in the world; it's up to us to consciously choose what is in our surroundings.

One way to satisfy a woman emotionally is to be someone who constantly influences her to feel great emotions. That means you have to feel great emotions. You have to live a great life that is exciting to you. That will rub off on everyone around you.
      "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
      Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
      Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
      As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

I don't think anyone can ever "completely" satisfy anyone's emotional needs, at all times in all situations. No matter how close you are to someone, including your partner, you cannot read their mind about how they are feeling. Even when you think you have satisfied their emotional needs, they could turn around and say that they dislike the way that you are too over-eager to please
        League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by kickinthemebs View Post
          I don't think anyone can ever "completely" satisfy anyone's emotional needs, at all times in all situations. No matter how close you are to someone, including your partner, you cannot read their mind about how they are feeling. Even when you think you have satisfied their emotional needs, they could turn around and say that they dislike the way that you are too over-eager to please
          That, and people change. What a person needs today may be different tomorrow. People change and grow. I think understanding women's psychology, and understanding how she is different than a man, and working with that can probably help you in your relationship when certain things pop up.

But you'll never be everything to every person. That's ridiculous

Comment

Unless you are me of course

Originally posted by Toadstool View Post
            But you'll never be everything to every person.

Comment

Originally posted by kickinthemebs View Post
              Unless you are me of course
              God's gift to women, barrelling through.

that's how he got the nickname "rhino"

Comment

My best estimation:

Leave them alone. They will let you know when they need you.

The End.
                Dick Whammy at your Cervix!

Yes, I've had my heart broken, but STILL got my dick. No one will ever take it away from me!

Comment

Satisfaction is temporary, it's never complete, be satisfied with that!

Today's full belly will be empty and require satisfaction tomorrow!
                  "Those who know others have knowledge,
                  those who know themselves have insight.
                  Those who master others have force,
                  those who master themselves have strength". - Lao Tzu

Comment

Keep on eating then, that is what I have been doing all Christmas ... uhhh January diet for me!

Originally posted by burtybasset View Post
                    Today's full belly will be empty and require satisfaction tomorrow!

Comment

I realize the question is very broad and open-ended. I was hoping it would elicit a larger pool of interesting answers. So far it is working.

Good stuff here my friends. Please keep sharing your knowledge.
                      A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
                      - Bruce Lee

Comment

I will give the same answer as the others .
                        You can't.

Comment

Pencil, what do you mean by emotionally satisfy a woman?

Comment

Hiya pencil-puller

Since both men and women have numerous emotional needs they wish to satisfy within many different contexts (career, friendships, family, etc.), I am assuming you are referring only to a woman’s emotional needs within the context of an intimate relationship.

As other’s have indicated, no one is solely responsible for meeting each and every emotional need of a partner. Couples who look to each other to somehow “complete” them, to make them feel whole or worthwhile, to make them happy or keep boredom at bay for example are only going to fall short because those needs can never be met by anyone but oneself.

Now having said that, couples can and should be concerned about their partner’s emotional well-being and do their best to meet those needs that they can reasonably fulfill. The first step, of course, is to determine just what those needs are.

While every relationship will be unique and the needs of every person will vary in importance, the most commonly cited emotional needs within a long-term, committed relationship are as follows:

(listed in alphabetical order)

Admiration

Affection

Conversation

Domestic Support

Family Commitment

Financial Support

Honesty and Openness

Physical Attractiveness

Recreational Companionship

Sexual Fulfillment

As I said, not every individual may want or need every item on the list nor will they all be of equal importance. In fact, it has been discovered that the top five needs of women are often the least important ones for men and vice versa which can often cause disharmony within many relationships…but I digress.

If you want your relationships to be successful, determine what emotional needs are most important to your partner – what makes her or him feel most secure and loved – by asking them what those needs are and more importantly, what you can do (within reason) to help them accomplish that.

And don't forget about yourself...be willing to tell your partner what emotional needs are important to you and how they can best be accomplished too.
                            TPW
                            Member of the Month Oct 2013
                            Last edited by TPW; 12-28-2014, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I went back and edited the original question in the first post. Thanks for the feedback everbody. Here is the new version:

How do you best fulfill the needs of a woman (in regards to her emotional well-being) within a long-term, committed relationship?

@Toadstool Read the answer by The Passionate Wife above. She gives a better explanation than I could at the moment.
                              - Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X