Dry orgasms are the first step to becoming multi-orgasmic.
Although it’s not as well-known, multiple orgasms aren’t just the realm of women.
Read that again. MEN can have multiple orgasms!
Men can learn how to have the amazing experience of multiple orgasms too. And, it all begins with learning how to have dry orgasms.
Keep reading to learn everything you would ever want to know about having dry orgasms. What are dry orgasms? How do I have a dry orgasm? How do I maintain my erection after a dry orgasm? And much more!
Written by Kimberly Wylie
- Dry orgasm gives the feeling of an orgasm, without ejaculation.
- Dry orgasm is needed for a man to have multiple male orgasms.
- Learning to dry orgasm involves edging, and then Kegeling at the point of no return.
- Dry orgasms take practice, especially since the body is used to associating orgasm and ejaculation.
WHAT IS A DRY ORGASM?
When most males climax, it includes both an orgasm (a feeling of sexual release and pleasure) and ejaculation (the forceful discharge of semen from the penis). However, this doesn’t have to always be the case. This is where the dry orgasm comes in.
To master dry orgasms, you’ll need:
- timing and
A dry orgasm is one that includes orgasm, but does not include ejaculation. You have the feeling of sexual release, but no semen is released. Because there isn’t a release of semen, your body doesn’t move into the refractory phase (the phase when the penis recuperates following ejaculation). This allows you to maintain your erection and continue to have sex. Check out our article — The Penis: The Definitive Guide to Man’s Most Prized Organ — for more information about the biomechanics behind ejaculation.
THE TERMINOLOGY BEHIND DRY ORGASMS
To understand how dry orgasms work, you first need to be familiar with several terms:
- Dry Orgasm (DO): is when a male is able to experience the feelings of orgasm, but does not ejaculate. Because he doesn’t ejaculate, the man is able to maintain his erection, which allows him to continue to enjoy sexual intercourse.
- Multiple Male Orgasm (MMO): is the ability to achieve more than one orgasm from a single erection.
- Pelvic Floor (PC/BC) Muscles: Pelvic floor muscles are the key to controlling ejaculation. These muscles support your pelvic organs, including your bladder and intestines. Read our article — The Anatomy of the Pelvic Floor Muscles — for more information.
- Kegel: A Kegel is the contraction of the PC/BC muscles. Although originally developed for women, Kegels are an integral part to male sexual health, including strong erections and the ability to have multiple male orgasms. Read more about how to do Kegels and all of the other benefits Kegels for men offer, in our article – How to Do Kegels for Men.
- Reverse Kegel: A forceful relaxation of the PC/BC muscles accomplished by contracting other abdominal muscles. Reverse Kegels are needed to ensure a balanced pelvic floor.
- Point of No Return (PONR): The point in sexual stimulation where ejaculation becomes inevitable.
- Edging: Edging is a masturbation technique, where you stop stimulation right before you ejaculate. Once your urge to ejaculate has subsided, you repeat the process as many times as you’d like. Read more about edging, in our article – Edging for Increased Stamina & Penis Enlargement.
- Erection Quality (EQ): Erection quality is generally judged based on a 1-10 scale, with 1 being the poorest erection quality and 10 being a completely rock-hard erection.
- Partial Ejaculation: An ejaculation that is partly suppressed by a hard Kegel contraction, with the result being only a portion of the normal amount of ejaculate (semen) is actually expelled.
- Retrograde Ejaculation: An ejaculation event in which the ejaculate ends up in the bladder, as opposed to being expelled from the body.
HOW TO LEARN TO HAVE A DRY ORGASM
Now you are ready to try to separate orgasm and ejaculation. To begin to learn how to have a dry orgasm, try this:
- While edging, focus on what you feel as you approach the point of no return (PONR).
- As you get closer, stop stroking.
- Immediately Kegel very hard and hold the Kegel.
- As you feel yourself moving away from the PONR, relax the Kegel exercise and resume stroking.
- Repeat the process, each time getting a bit closer to the PONR.
Potential Outcomes When Attempting Dry Orgasm
When you begin practicing dry orgasms, it sometimes doesn’t go as planned. This is definitely a skill that takes practice to master. So, don’t be discouraged if you’re not able to have multiple orgasms right away.
Eventually, as you’re edging, one of the following will occur:
- You will reach the PONR and orgasm and ejaculate. This is not a problem. Enjoy the experience and try again later. Don’t be discouraged.
- You will balance on the edge of the PONR, you may or may not orgasm, and you will likely experience a Partial Ejaculation (some semen will come out, but not your usual amount). Because you’ve partially ejaculated, you will then feel your erection begin to subside. Try to bring your erection back and see if you can make yourself cum. If you cannot, don’t worry, you will be able to do this later.
- You will ejaculate into your bladder. This is known as Retrograde Ejaculation. It is not harmful but because you actually ejaculated, you will probably lose your erection immediately as with a normal ejaculation.
- You will experience an orgasm without ejaculating. This is the fabled Dry Orgasm or DO! You may or may not experience ejaculation contractions. The first few times you DO, the orgasm experience may be much less intense than that of a regular wet orgasm (with ejaculation). With practice, your dry orgasm ability will increase in intensity until they are similar to those you experience with wet orgasms.
DRY ORGASM TIPS
Learning to dry orgasm isn’t easy. It can take months of practice to learn. Here are some tips, to help make the process easier:
- The timing can be a bit tricky so don’t get discouraged. It will likely take you numerous attempts before you achieve a Dry Orgasm.
- Keep, in mind that significant PC/BC muscle strength is required. Therefore, you should be Kegeling every day. Build up those pelvic floor muscles. You’ll get other benefits as well!
- Focus on what you feel as you approach the PONR, and practice using Kegel and reverse Kegel exercises to get closer to the PONR and back off from it. Knowing where you are in the process is key. The more you learn about your body and the more you practice, the easier this will become.
- Talk to your partner, and let them know what you’re trying to accomplish. It will allow you to practice when have actual sex too. This way, if you need to stop, to prevent going past the PONR, they’ll understand.
MAINTAINING YOUR ERECTION AFTER A DRY ORGASM
At first your dry orgasm ability will likely be inconsistent and may routinely be followed by a loss of erection quality (EQ.) You will not entirely lose your erection, but you will lose some penis hardness, at first, as you get used to the process.
Keep in mind that a Dry Orgasm will be a very new experience for your body and that years of training have taught your body the following:
- Sex ends with orgasm, and
- Orgasm means ejaculation.
You need to retrain your body to recognize orgasm and ejaculation as distinct and separate events and to treat them as such. With practice, you will be able to achieve DO more regularly and also maintain your erection after and through the dry orgasm.
Keep Your Focus on Maintaining Your Erection
Once you can achieve a Dry Orgasm, practice resuming stimulation sooner and sooner afterward. This may be a bit uncomfortable at first. Motivation may also be a problem, as the afterglow from your orgasm may make maintaining an erection seem like a low priority.
However, if you want to become capable of multiple male orgasms (MMOs), you will want to work to regain a complete erection as soon as possible, or to not lose EQ at all. Don’t worry if you cannot dry orgasm a second time or maintain your second erection for long. Those will come with practice.
TRANSITION TO MULTIPLE MALE ORGASMS
Moving from Dry Orgasm to becoming MMO requires both practice and motivation. Most men find it is much easier to achieve these solo – without a partner – because it is easier to control stimulation levels. It can be much harder to stop ejaculation when engaged in active sex with a partner.
Once you can Dry Orgasm solo and maintain an erection, try reaching a second orgasm. Attempt another DO, if you wish, or just have a regular wet orgasm. Once you can do this, you are experiencing a full on MMO (multiple male orgasm) session!
As your control and skills improve, you may find that you are able to string several Dry Orgasms together and have as many Multiple Male Orgasms as you wish, all without losing your erection. This is hard to achieve but is possible with extended practice…. and it can be a great deal of fun!
For more information read our article — How Do You Achieve Multiple Male Orgasms?