No announcement yet.

Confused Newb Alert: Alternative Jelq?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused Newb Alert: Alternative Jelq?

Earlier this week I made the commitment to a 3-month go of the JPop beginner's routine.
    I've poked around the forum before but I've decided it's time to get serious.

Stretching is simple, I've had no problems understanding that, but jelqs have given me some trouble.I can't quite figure out the right motion/grip.

Let me make sure I understand. Is it like so?

Well lubed and somewhat hard, place hand 1 on base, palm down "ok" grip. Then slide hand one up to right under the head. Add hand 2, same grip. Without removing hand 1, slide hand 2 to right under head. Repeat.

When I try it standard style (like above), like in the instruction videos, (of course I don't try it as intensely) I feel like the only work I'm doing is on my skin, not any blood. At first I thought I needed some more lube, but I got to the point where I was putting a glob of vaseline about the size of a snapple cap on there and I still didn't feel it working on anything but my "turkey neck."

So I thought I'd try something different. I hold the base of my dick in an "ok" grip, palm out. I just hold it there. With hand 2, I make the same grip, and slowly slide it up. This way, my skin doesn't slide, and I can move blood, not wrinkle/stretch skin. I've done it for 4 10 min sessions, and I always had a good plump after.

Is this a good way to go about this? Does the problem lie in my standard-style technique? Am I expecting to feel more blood moving than I should? Does this improvised method hold any water; or am I just jerking around here? (in every sense of of the word)

I jelq the same way you do.

Either method 'works', you just need to pick which one feels right for you.
    Start (1st October 2009): 6.25" BPEL, 4.4" EG

Current (1st April 2010): 7.05" BPEL, 4.72" EG

Ultimate Goal: 7.75" BPEL, 5.50" EG

My PE Journey

Comment

When I do regular jelqs I use the standard ok overhand grip, and jelq downwards, not straight out. I get less skin pull that way. Also, I make sure my pointing finger is on my cs, and as I jelq toward my glans I make sure my pointing finger glides along it. I have probably doubled at least the size of my cs.
      FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
      The Ultimate V (The UV)
      Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
      Heated Bundled LAS
      Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Originally posted by rbi99 View Post
        When I do regular jelqs I use the standard ok overhand grip, and jelq downwards, not straight out. I get less skin pull that way. Also, I make sure my pointing finger is on my cs, and as I jelq toward my glans I make sure my pointing finger glides along it. I have probably doubled at least the size of my cs.

Sounds good, great discription. 50 rep points for this post.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

What does 'cs" stand for? Corpus spagnolo...something?
          I know its an anatomy term.
          I'll give that way a shot, thanks.

So there wouldn't be a downside to sticking with my improvised way?
          Would it be less effective?

Comment

Corpus spagnosium?

Comment

4 times in the month or 4 times a day?

Comment

CS = Corpus Spongiosum.
                CC = Corpus Cavernosum (Corpora Cavernosa).

Penis Enlargement | Penis Anatomy And Glossary

Your alternate method is fine, but personally I want my jelq to start at the very base, and your first grip is blocking the very base from your second hand as it starts up your shaft. Properly done jelqs will give you the expansion you are after. I will repeat myself again - as your jelqing hand reaches the base of your glans, touch your glans with a finger from your other hand. If the glans is rock hard you have performed a great jelq. However, if your glans is soft to the touch, you need to improve your technique. Doesn't matter how erect you are, your glans will be hard if you jelqed properly.
                rbi99
                Retired Moderator
                Member of the Month Nov 2017
                PEGym Hero
                Last edited by rbi99; 01-12-2010, 10:29 PM.
                FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
                The Ultimate V (The UV)
                Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                Heated Bundled LAS
                Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

i do pretty much the same as you country except instead of the ok grip at the base i use my middle finger and ring finger to hold the skin back and i push them in to the pubic bone so i can get right to the bottom of the base seems to work for me
                  29/12/09 ....23/1/10......6/3/10......12/5/10

BPEL-6" .....BPEL-61/4"..BPEL-6.5"...BPEL-63/4"
                  EG-43/4".....EG-5"........EG-51/4"....EG-5.5"
                  NBPEL-53/4"

SHORT TERM GOAL

BPEL-7"
                  EG-5.25"

LONG TERM GOAL

BPEL-8"
                  EG-6"

Comment

Thanks a ton rbi, very informative.

I'll work on trying to do it the standard way, I don't want to end up with a baseball bat.

slowhiker, I meant 4 times so far when I written that post. heck no 4 times a day, it'd break.

Comment

I've combined the methods and incorporated the advice I've received so far. So far, the standard jelq yields more of a skin stretch than a blood pump, and makes me feel like I'm de-circumcising myself

RBI99 said that the hallmark of a good jelq is a hard glans, and that it would be smart if I checked with a finger to see how well blood is pushed.
                      This led to some light experimentation, trying the standard style again. I noticed that the primary point my skin was being stretched was when I switched the hand at my glans.

So I wondered, why not simply stop switching hands when I jelq?

This way, I'm at decreased risk for baseball bat effect; especially compared to my hand-at-base style. Also, my glans hand can always feel the blood pushed.

I'm now 2 weeks in, and that 7" bpel gets closer every day

I was looking at PhibbysHammer's post BALANCE IS IMPORTANT, (https://www.pegym.com/forums/pe-theory-science-forum/5987-balance-important.html)
                      and was worried that my length progress might be at the cost of girth due to the fact I've yet to master the jelq.

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                        X