Buying a Bathmate. Need some answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a Bathmate. Need some answers

I've been wanting to buy a Bathmate for a while now. There are a few concerns I have though before I buy and I'm looking for some advice from the locals here that have used the device themselves.

My first concern is: Do I go for the Hercules model, or, the Goliath? I measure 7.25 inches erect in length and 4.75 inches in girth while erect. A local sex toy/sexual education expert told me I should go with the Goliath due to my length. But, my girth worries me!

Second: With no gauge being on the Bathmate; where do I start? Do I just pump until I feel "good" pressure so my penis can get used to it or do I pump until I hit a certain size (maybe 3/4 of my erection size?).

Any other tips would be of great help. I know to keep my pubic hair shaved/trimmed very short to allow the Bathmate to get suction. And if you need any other information about myself then you can just ask.

Thanks in advance. I'm sitting here with my card in my hand haha

1. Is that bone-pressed or not? If that measurement is taken pressed against your pubic bone, then you can probably get away with going for the Hercules, if it's not, then you might want to opt for the Goliath. The real cut-off point is 8", but I think 7.25 BPEL there is adequate room to grow.

2. Just start slow and see what feels good. Probably start with 1500-1600 mm and go up from there as you're comfortable.

Comment

Thanks man. I'll start with what you recommended. It's not bone-pressed it's just from the base of the penis. I'm sure with bone-pressed I'd hit 7.5"

Comment

Then yeah, you might want to go with the Goliath. Glad to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmidt View Post
          1. Is that bone-pressed or not? If that measurement is taken pressed against your pubic bone, then you can probably get away with going for the Hercules, if it's not, then you might want to opt for the Goliath. The real cut-off point is 8", but I think 7.25 BPEL there is adequate room to grow.

2. Just start slow and see what feels good. Probably start with 1500-1600 mm and go up from there as you're comfortable.
          150mm-160mm is not a pressure setting, it's a length measurement. Someone who is 7.5"BPEL wont even be near fully erect while staying at 150mm-160mm. At 160mm, that's just about 6.3".

NateDizzle, when you get the Bathmate read the instructions that come with it. By design (or so they say) the Bathmate cannot pump itself up to a dangerous pressure and will stay within safe limits. The rubber section that allows the Bathmate to be pumped wont decompress and allow you to pump anymore once it gets to a certain pressure. No need for a gauge unless you're only wanting to pump up to gain an erection and not for enlargement purposes, and if that's the case just pump with low pressure until you get an erection.

Comment

Then yeah, you might want to go with the Goliath. Glad to help.
            Will do. Thanks again!

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
            150mm-160mm is not a pressure setting, it's a length measurement. Someone who is 7.5"BPEL wont even be near fully erect while staying at 150mm-160mm. At 160mm, that's just about 6.3".

NateDizzle, when you get the Bathmate read the instructions that come with it. By design (or so they say) the Bathmate cannot pump itself up to a dangerous pressure and will stay within safe limits. The rubber section that allows the Bathmate to be pumped wont decompress and allow you to pump anymore once it gets to a certain pressure. No need for a gauge unless you're only wanting to pump up to gain an erection and not for enlargement purposes, and if that's the case just pump with low pressure until you get an erection.
            I read about it being only "safe pressure" and that's why there is no gauge. I totally understand all of that. I just wondered what was a good starting point is all. Maybe I'll just try a few different ways until I feel something comfy.

Comment

I understand that, I was just estimating on the low end for entering it without much of an erection. I figure start low and then work up while you see what is comfortable. It is a very variable thing based on erection level, flaccid length, erect length, etc. Just so long as you don't start pumping like crazy. Bathmate claims that it can only get to a healthy amount of pressure, but I know I get a huge amount of red dots without even going for a lot of pressure. I wouldn't start out pumping as much as possible, but hey, it's your dick.
              Messerschmidt
              Last edited by Messerschmidt; 04-12-2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

With your girth, I'd recommend the Hercules. You can control how your length is affected in the pump by the amount of pressure you decide to ratchet it up to. The inner dimensions of the Goliath is QUITE cavernous - the Hercules is far more suited to your girth.
                Old Gym Log - Tracking progress with the iLogPE App
                "Wherever you go, there you are. Stay sexy, my friends."

Comment

I understand that, I was just estimating on the low end for entering it without much of an erection. I figure start low and then work up while you see what is comfortable. It is a very variable thing based on erection level, flaccid length, erect length, etc. Just so long as you don't start pumping like crazy. Bathmate claims that it can only get to a healthy amount of pressure, but I know I get a huge amount of red dots without even going for a lot of pressure. I wouldn't start out pumping as much as possible, but hey, it's your dick.
                  While that is true in some cases, not always effective. You can't expect to only pump up to a level that can't even fully fill your normal erect size and benefit from it.

Comment

Originally posted by GettinThereOK View Post
                    With your girth, I'd recommend the Hercules. You can control how your length is affected in the pump by the amount of pressure you decide to ratchet it up to. The inner dimensions of the Goliath is QUITE cavernous - the Hercules is far more suited to your girth.
                    Yeah, if you can get away with getting the Hercules, that's the way to go, but if he has a NBPEL of 7.25, then his BPEL is going to be at least 7.5, maybe closer to 8, that's getting awfully close to a max.

@DemOne: I'm not debating that, just trying to give a safe starting point and he can go from there. You can go for more pressure if it's too low, but why start trying to pump your dick off?

Comment

@DemOne: I'm not debating that, just trying to give a safe starting point and he can go from there. You can go for more pressure if it's too low, but why start trying to pump your dick off?
                      And that is why the Bathmate comes with instructions for use, which are far more effective than pumping up to a non-effective level based on length, and far less intense and pump your dick off like BM hardcore stretches or if someone is going to pump down so hard it's digging into their groin.

Comment

Yeah, if you can get away with getting the Hercules, that's the way to go, but if he has a NBPEL of 7.25, then his BPEL is going to be at least 7.5, maybe closer to 8, that's getting awfully close to a max.

As with any pump, the device is geared towards girth, not length. You will gain girth much faster than length - there should be room to expand and adequate space for length gains in the Hercules.
                        Old Gym Log - Tracking progress with the iLogPE App
                        "Wherever you go, there you are. Stay sexy, my friends."

Comment

And that is why the Bathmate comes with instructions for use, which are far more effective than pumping up to a non-effective level based on length, and far less intense and pump your dick off like BM hardcore stretches or if someone is going to pump down so hard it's digging into their groin.
                          I don't know about you, but my Bathmate didn't come with really any indication at all of how much to pump. It tells you basically how it works, but not how much pressure is appropriate. Without somewhere to start a person could start with almost no pressure to avoid injury and in so doing avoid getting any benefit, or apply way too much pressure and at the very least experience pain, if not possibly injury. Pretty simple stuff, I promise I haven't insulted your mother.

Comment

I don't know about you, but my Bathmate didn't come with really any indication at all of how much to pump. It tells you basically how it works, but not how much pressure is appropriate. Without somewhere to start a person could start with almost no pressure to avoid injury and in so doing avoid getting any benefit, or apply way too much pressure and at the very least experience pain, if not possibly injury. Pretty simple stuff, I promise I haven't insulted your mother.
                            There's no indication of pressure for the directions to explain, so that would be why.

I don't have the paper that came with mine anymore, but clearly remember it listing this for bath tub use. Unless someone buys a rip-off BM, it should have the same instructions as well as a general guide in the owners manual.
                            Fill the bath with water
                            Once your in the bath put the Bathmate under the water until it completely fills full of water, then whilst it is under the water put your penis inside it.

Push the bathmate down towards the pelvis area several times until you create a vaccum. You should start to feel the pressure building up. Surplus water starts to be realeased from the pressure release valve at the top of the bathmate. You may have to pump it down four of five times until no more water comes out the pressure release valve.

Once you cannot pump down any further just relax for 5 mins. Whenever you cannot pump the Bathmate down any further this is the optimum vaccum at that particular time.

Every 4 or 5 minutes try pump down again. As your penis is expanding this will force excess water from the top of the Bathmate everytime you pump down. But you will always reach a point where you cannot get any more pump.

Pump the Bathmate to its optimum vaccum when you feel necessary. This is the stage where no more water comes out the end when you try pump down.

If you feel the pressure is too much just lightly press the pressure release at the top of the Bathmate. This will release pressure. After 15 to 20 minutes release the pressure by pressing the pressure release at the top of the Bathmate and take the unit off. Do this stood up in the bath so you can see the results straight away. You wont be dissapointed

We recommend between 15 to 20 minutes per session.

Use the unit as often as once a day but no less than three times a week for best results.

Comment

Wow, this is all really pointless. It isn't serving any purpose whatsoever, but fine. I was looking for that information when I first got my Bathmate and I had to look online to find it, pretty sure I scoured the sparse details that were in the manual. Maybe I missed a page, or maybe now you can only find this in their online guide, which I admit I didn't bother with. I also don't think it's smart to pumped to the maximum possible pressure at the very beginning, but everyone is superman until they get an injury and then they iwsh they would have taken more care.

Comment

Working...
                              X