Warming Up???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warming Up???

Just for shits and grins I thought I would throw this out. Should get some interesting responses I hope.

The huge majority of injuries in PE are from doing too much, going too intensely, attempting advanced exercises prematurely, using incorrect technique, or a combination of the four. Warmed up or not, if you violate your unit it is going to get injured. A PE'er who doesn't warm up, but is knowledgeable and careful will be far less inclined to injure himself than a guy who warms the crap out of his unit and then tries to pull it out of the socket. When I read about someone who hurt himself, the number one reason is from trying to do too much too soon. If you want to imply that by warming up it lessens your chance of injuring yourself if you screw up, go ahead. Also, regarding maximizing gain. If you warm up 10 minutes each time, and you PE three days a week, that equates to 26 hours a year spent on just that. Now take those 26 hours and apply them directly to exercising, and not warming up, and you have a whole lot of extra sessions to make up for any slight gain you might get from warming up first. When I lift my first set isn't at max level, and I apply that same philosophy to PE. I am extremely careful, and I practice any new technique before jumping into the water - I just don't warm up first. Warming up is part of the holy grail in PE, I guess I am not religious!!

As an after thought, if you warm up prior to stretching for example, you can stretch your unit farther than if it is cold. What that means though is that you are stretching your unit farther in order to break down (stress) the cells. If your unit is cold and you stretch you reach that breakdown point sooner. My point then is as long as you are breaking down the cells, isn't that the important thing? Working your unit when it is in its most natural state (natural body temperature), might have its own advantages over working it in an unnatural state (warmed up).

I don't claim to be right here, just expressing an opinion - and as we all know, everyone has one!!
    kingpole
    Retired Moderator
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by kingpole; 11-19-2010, 09:24 PM.
    FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
    The Ultimate V (The UV)
    Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
    Heated Bundled LAS
    Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Very interesting point indeed.

Imo, despite whether warming up helps, it does make me more comfortable when doing the subsequent pe and it's also a matter of peace of mind to me. And I think that alone worth 10min of my time for each workout.

Also, I always think attain a full erection for few minutes is a warm up itself.
    AP90 member.

Comment

I actually agree with you here. My opinion isn't backed with a whole lot of PE experience but I do incorporate something similar to you when I workout. I start with a lighter amount of weight which would be similar to a lighter amount of pressure when starting out to allow my body to basically wake up and let them fill with blood before i start actually working out. I guess PE could be looked at in a similar matter. Quite an interesting theory actually Maybe something I'd be willing to try for a month or so and see what kind of PI's I get.

Comment

Good thinking here. Everything in moderation, right? A good warm-up combined with a common sense approach is the way to go. I ended up doing an unusually intense jelqing routine, but it took me three months to get there after careful planning and a slow but well-planned approach. I jelqed every day and increased the length of my jelqing session once a week. I never had bruising or evidence of trauma of any kind. My dick is as pink and pretty as it was at the start--only it's much longer and thicker.

Comment

So, if you stretch at room temperature and got a max stretch, then you are breaking down the cells at a normal state. BUT WHAT IF YOU immediately followed that workout up with a heated stretch forcing your body to breakdown cells even further. This might be a deep thought, but perhaps there is some merit here.

Just an idea.

MD
          Mc Dong

Comment

Originally posted by Mc Dong View Post
            So, if you stretch at room temperature and got a max stretch, then you are breaking down the cells at a normal state. BUT WHAT IF YOU immediately followed that workout up with a heated stretch forcing your body to breakdown cells even further. This might be a deep thought, but perhaps there is some merit here.

Just an idea.

MD
            Stretching at room tempeture may cause an injury. So be careful and stretch slow. Most guys likely do piss pulls at room tempeture because it is a spur of the moment exercise.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Great thread RBI.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

One way I can see warming up lessening the chance for injury is lets say you can only pull your unit 1/2" when cold, but after warming up you can stretch it one inch. If your stretching routine only requires that you pull your unit a little over 1/2", you can surely do that safely if you warmed up. However, if you are warmed and only stretching at less than max length, how much benefit is there in that? In other words, warmed up or not you have to stretch until your unit is pulled beyond its normal range. Not warmed up in the example above is anything beyond 1/2", but unless you stretch your bad boy over one inch if warmed up, you aren't stressing it much at all.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
                Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                Heated Bundled LAS
                Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Interesting topic, and well to the point, especially the part with warming up then pilling it out like a maniac. I will probably opt for massage rather than warm up, or do them in bath, once i actually start doing this.
                  premE FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by kingpole View Post
                    Stretching at room tempeture may cause an injury. So be careful and stretch slow. Most guys likely do piss pulls at room tempeture because it is a spur of the moment exercise.
                    I agree 100% KP, but wouldn't the warning signs be the same warmed up or not? By that I mean once you reach the danger zone while pulling (be it warmed up or not), won't it feel the same? You will reach that danger zone after pulling it further warmed than not warmed, but the net result would be the same.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
                    Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                    Heated Bundled LAS
                    Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Wish others would throw their two cents into this bucket!! Has anyone gone a long period doing it one way or the other, then switched and made improvements? I used to stretch not warmed up for several months and I wasn't making much headway. I switched to warming up for 10 minutes prior each time (I did a series of tests to see how long I needed to warm up in order to gain an extra 1/2" of flaccid stretch using a hot wash cloth, and for me it was 10 minutes). Between sets I would reapply heat for two minutes. Unfortunately for me, even though my unit obviously felt like putty after being warmed, I still had virtually no luck gaining any length. I should add that I have never had an injury either with or without warming up, nor going intensely or less intensely.
                      rbi99
                      Retired Moderator
                      Member of the Month Nov 2017
                      PEGym Hero
                      Last edited by rbi99; 01-02-2011, 09:39 AM.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
                      Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                      Heated Bundled LAS
                      Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

When I started PE a few years back I warmed up only occasionally. Now I try to do it regularly.

Has it made any difference in terms of gains or adverse side effects? For me, no it has not.

Comment

Working...
                        X