Cheating men and performance anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheating men and performance anxiety

I just read a new study saying that cheating men have sexual performance anxiety. One of the main reasons they cheat in a relationship. Could that be true?
    Consciousness and intention matter here.

Hmmm I am sure there are multi reasons for cheating ,but yes this could be one.

Comment

I think we should have never taught women to read!
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Too late Cusp. We are out of the dark ages. Stick to the subject, if you please.

Comment

Makes sense to me. Cheating must be pretty damned stressful and that will not aid performance.
          Pirate Diplomacy:
          The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

Sweetie, are you saying the study said that performance anxiety is a cause for cheating or that they have performance issues when they cheat?
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            DATE- JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL
            BPFSL 5.5 5.8 OFF 5.8 6.0 OFF 6.0
            BPEL- --- --- --- 6.1 6.3 --- 6.1
            MSEG- 5.4 --- --- 5.4 --- --- ---

Comment

If by performance anxiety they mean needing to reassure ego that they can still pull the opposite sex(anxiety about losing their mojo) or that they are still desirable(when they don't feel they are within a relationship,feelings of affection or sexual neglect ) or Fear that they can't satisfy their partner(feelings of falling short as a man) and give up on trying to, so they go out to find women who don't ball break them(not just in the sexual sense)or can't get it up with their partner so feel in a sexual rut and another women might solve the issue.. then yes
              TTBB
              Last edited by TTBB; 07-27-2011, 08:04 PM.
              ~ If.....
              ~ TTBB big-ginners program for JPopping boobies
              ~ Lust and Love

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”

Comment

What kind of performanc anxiety, what kind of anxiety do you have to have to cheat?

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Originally posted by TINKERBELL View Post
                  If by performance anxiety they mean needing to reassure ego that they can still pull the opposite sex(anxiety about losing their mojo) or that they are still desirable(when they don't feel they are within a relationship,feelings of affection or sexual neglect ) or Fear that they can't satisfy their partner(feelings of falling short as a man) and give up on trying to, so they go out to find women who don't ball break them(not just in the sexual sense)or can't get it up with their partner so feel in a sexual rut and another women might solve the issue.. then yes
                  So if that's why men cheat, why do women cheat? Is it out of fear as well? I know what women 'say' about why they cheat but I also know that's often a load of garbage (similar to the garbage men say when they cheat).

Comment

The topic was about men, but what i say applies to both sexes.(even the getting it up, if a women struggles to her partner up then she might cheat) And there are many many reasons why people cheat, those were the ones that can be related to performance anxiety (IMO)
                    ~ If.....
                    ~ Lust and Love

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”

Comment

Yeah both sexes and trannies to.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

I am assuming that the article meant that men cheat because they are insecure about their own sexuality and that they need to prove themselves to who else, themselves. Tinkerbell, the article also states that women cheat because they are not satisfied with the emotional aspect of the relationship. I am assuming that the man in the relationship does not affirm the women in ways that she needs and also a lack of partnership-not participating as a couple, rather a single doing his own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetie52 View Post
                          I am assuming that the article meant that men cheat because they are insecure about their own sexuality and that they need to prove themselves to who else, themselves. Tinkerbell, the article also states that women cheat because they are not satisfied with the emotional aspect of the relationship. I am assuming that the man in the relationship does not affirm the women in ways that she needs and also a lack of partnership-not participating as a couple, rather a single doing his own thing.
                          Those articles are interesting, I have read some before. But I am skeptical. I mean, here we are, asking people who are betraying the biggest trust of their lives, to now suddenly be 'honest' and explain why they were dishonest? Kinda defies common sense doesn't it?

I obviously can't speak to womens' reasons for cheating, however, I have known 2 women who cheated for very different reasons then the 'emotional aspect' of their marriage. Once again, by saying there is an emotional aspect this shifts blame (at least partially) from the woman to the husband. I guess I'm just a bit over how so many things in relationships seem to be the fault of males. It's to the point where many males (mainly American) are now agreeing with the chorus of women who cast dispersions upon men for our 'failings'.

However, because it's in a article that doesn't make it true, it could just be a profitable marketing move to blame males for relationship issues. Because really, who buys these articles? (I'm talking about the plethora of them in supermarket magazine racks)

Comment

I think men also cheat when their emotional needs aren't met (emotional affairs that don't always include sex fall into this catagory too)
                            I don't think cheating is black and white...and all reason apply to both sexes, the percentages would vary though between the sexes.

I think resentment is the biggest reason why people cheat.
                            ~ If.....
                            ~ Lust and Love

Comment

That makes a lot of sense to me. Maybe cheating is really about getting even or hurting the other partner. Or maybe even a way to get the other partner to notice their spouse again. It's like kids who don't get attention, sometimes they muck up (mess up) just to get any attention at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X