supplements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supplements?

Ok so its been a while since I've worked out and I'm gettin back into it but I have somethings I need to keep me goin.

New job with crazy early hours and 10 hrs shifts so I need a diet pill or drink to help lose some weight but also to give me the energy to get me through the workout after a 10hour shift.

Also looking to find a good creatine supplement. Any ideas?
    ski427
    Last edited by ski427; 02-04-2014, 02:50 PM.
    (14 month break)02-20-2015 BPEL=6 1/8 EMG 5.0
    01-03-2014 BPEL= 6 1/4 EMG=5.5
    11-16-2013 BPEL=6 1/8 EMG=5.0

Short term goal
    BPEL-6.5
    EMG 5.5

GOAL
    BPEL 7.5
    EMG 6.0

dont eat after 6pm.

Comment

Supplements will do you absolutely no good unless you eat clean and exercise... regularly. Start with a paleo diet and hit the gym min. 3hrs a week lifting weights. Dedicate yourself to a year of living a serious fitness lifestyle and I promise you incredible results!

Comment

Originally posted by Knoblin View Post
        dont eat after 6pm.
        I'm in bed by 7:30-8:00 most night. Have to be up at 3:30- 4:00 a.m. so im good on this.

Short term goal
        BPEL-6.5
        EMG 5.5

GOAL
        BPEL 7.5
        EMG 6.0

Comment

Originally posted by trepan View Post
          Supplements will do you absolutely no good unless you eat clean and exercise... regularly. Start with a paleo diet and hit the gym min. 3hrs a week lifting weights. Dedicate yourself to a year of living a serious fitness lifestyle and I promise you incredible results!
          Ok.....thanks for that info and I understand this, I do 20 mins cardio and 1.5 hours of hard lifting 4-5 times a week. My eating is ok and im working on this. The question was about energy/diet pill to keep me goin to work out after a long hard 10hr shift.

I like creatine when I'm lifting hard and wanted to see what if any some of the folks were taking.

Short term goal
          BPEL-6.5
          EMG 5.5

GOAL
          BPEL 7.5
          EMG 6.0

Comment

Originally posted by ski427 View Post
            Ok.....thanks for that info and I understand this, I do 20 mins cardio and 1.5 hours of hard lifting 4-5 times a week. My eating is ok and im working on this. The question was about energy/diet pill to keep me goin to work out after a long hard 10hr shift.

I like creatine when I'm lifting hard and wanted to see what if any some of the folks were taking.
            Okay, creatine is used usually in addition to standard protein supplements or bcaa's. Its function is to allow the muscle cells to more readily absorb the nutrients that have bonded to it. It does not increase focus or energy. What you are probably looking for is a pre-workout matrix powder. The actives among most brands are combinations of different compounds mixed at different ratios. You might have to experiment with different mixes to see what actives work best for you. I bounce around from pre to pre just so my body doesn't adjust solely to one active.

Try going to a supplement store and ask them for some free sample packets of the various pre's. You can try a few before you spend any money. They usually have plenty of samples!!
            trepan
            Last edited by trepan; 02-04-2014, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Knoblin View Post
              dont eat after 6pm.
              I may be wrong but from what I've learned about fitness, it's best to take in some kind of food with protien within about 2 hours before you go to bed so that your body has nutrients to recover and rebuild during sleep.

Comment

Possibly back off to an hour of weights a session instead of 1.5. Thats a lot after doing 20 min of cardio.

Comment

521d1c820cf2cb534bfe035d-295xh.jpg

Comment

Green tea extract, or green tea itself. It will help you burn fat and the caffeine will waken you up.

Ginseng also will give you more energy.

Pre-workout supplements but these might leave you a little edgy if you are taking them everyday.

Guarana is supposed to be good for energy too.

Good diet is no. 1 ahead of all of these supplements though. Get your low GI foods into your diet for sustained energy releases throughout the day instead of relying too much on sugars and caffeine to perk you up.
                    League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

[ATTACH]46600[/ATTACH]
                      Cant' Flex Cardio?

Hummmmmmmm!

ripped-sprinter.jpg
                      akaTrex
                      Member of the Month Jan 2016
                      Last edited by akaTrex; 02-04-2014, 06:52 PM.
                      “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything” Albert Einstein

Comment

The best advice I ever received was from IFBB 3 X Mr. Olympia Frank Zane.

I received a complementary 30 minute phone Q & A for purchasing his Leg Blaster.

As to "I need a diet pill or drink to help lose some weight but also to give me the energy to get me through the workout after a 10hour shift."

For Energy....Mr. Zane recommended an "Espresso - Single or Double" just make sure you has some peppermint gum for afterwards.

Works fantastic and does not drain your wallet!

akaTrex
                        Last edited by akaTrex; 02-04-2014, 07:03 PM.
                        “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything” Albert Einstein

Comment

rottenecard_56532143_9swn74vqn5.jpg

Comment

5295d02e0cf242ebaed9090e-610xh.jpg
                            Originally posted by akaTrex View Post
                            The best advice I ever received was from IFBB 3 X Mr. Olympia Frank Zane.

I received a complementary 30 minute phone Q & A for purchasing his Leg Blaster.

As to "I need a diet pill or drink to help lose some weight but also to give me the energy to get me through the workout after a 10hour shift."

For Energy....Mr. Zane recommended an "Espresso - Single or Double" just make sure you has some peppermint gum for afterwards.

Works fantastic and does not drain your wallet!

You got to talk to Frank Zane?? .... Very 'fn cool man. He, Arnold and Franco were the first bodybuilders I idolized back in the day. I still think Mr. Zane cut the best physique overall for the era. The dude is a legend and one of the all time greats!
                            trepan
                            Last edited by trepan; 02-04-2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]46634[/ATTACH]

You got to talk to Frank Zane?? .... Very 'fn cool man. He, Arnold and Franco were the first bodybuilders I idolized back in the day. I still think Mr. Zane cut the best physique overall for the era. The dude is a legend and one of the all time greats!
                              Very nice guy to talk to. Believe it of not he sounded winded when I spoke to him and he was on a exercise bike getting ready for a show! He gave me a full 30 minutes. It was very cool.
                              akaTrex
                              Last edited by akaTrex; 02-04-2014, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X