Intro / My story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro / My story

Hello all, I'd like to introduce myself and give you a little info about me. I also have a bunch of questions that I'll post, but let me know if I should really be posting them in another section.

Anyway, I'm 27, married, 2 kids. I have been on and off with PE for probably 10 years. I don't know if I"m allowed to talk about other forums or not, but I initially started on a forum called cheekycherry. I haven't been there in a long time, but it's where I got a lot of my info initially. When I first started I never really had any gains, and I think there were a lot of things that attributed to that. Poor form, inconsistency, the fact that I was still young, etc. I really haven't done much as far as PE goes until probably about 2 years ago. I have been overweight for some time, and was feeling pretty down about myself, so thought that PE could help me feel better about myself (I"ve started running and watching what I eat and I have lost over 40lb since then! ). While I've never considered myself small, I've never really thought I was big either. (Starting stats EG 4.5, BPEL 5.5). I bought an extender a couple years ago, but don't really use it. Once I learned it took so much time, I realized it wasn't realistic for my lifestyle. If I could wear it for shorter times then maybe it would be helpful, but that's a whole different discussion.

So, I've done many newbie routines, and feel like conditioning probably isn't that big of an issue for me. It's been about 2 months since I've done anything (with the exception of wearing stealth, which I am pretty excited about). I've always had trouble with staying motivated, and one thing or another causes me to miss a workout, leading to missing a week, leading to a year later. I'm looking to make some real gains, but not completely sure where to start. I'd love some advice as far as what I should do considering my history. I'm currently closer to 6 BPEL, but admittedly need to take some real measurements again. I know this is a good community (I've been a long time lurker), so I'm excited to finally be an active part of it. Thanks!

Welcome aboard bigjuan12, we're glad you're here.

True, PEGym is a pretty great place and as you start reading these forums, you'll discover the members on this form are second to none.

I recommend you start reading this to get an idea what a great PE routine generally involves: JP's 90 Day Beginner Routine

You'll also want to include the links here in your reading list: READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST!!!!! Maximize Your Success Here.

Although you feel you're conditioned, I still recommend JP90 to you.

Comment

thanks, I've been reading through those today. I was leaning towards that already, just wanted to see if anyone had any other thoughts about it. Unless I hear otherwise, I think I'll start either in the morning or on Friday. Depends on how much reading I get done tonight :P

Comment

Welcome to the gym.

I second the JP90 recommendation, even though you have PE experience you should get a fresh start at establishing a good base routine. Since motivation has been a factor in the past, I highly recommend visiting here often, making some friends and having a little fun on the forums. Starting a log in the progress forum will also help you remain accountable.

Good luck!
        2011 2012 2013 2014

Comment

Welcome to the Gym BigJuan.
          I'm a third to recommend the JP90. It worked well for me. I highly recommend it.
          Bondage.
          Some people call it domestic violence.
          We call it foreplay.
          Got cuffs? GAME ON!

My routine and gains.

Comment

Welcome to the gym. Can't speak from experience on JP90 routine, but if these guys recommend it you can't go wrong!
            Hey guys. can I watch?
            "A negative mind will never get you a positive life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Frog72 View Post
              Hey guys. can I watch?
              I don't think my Puerto Rican, knife wielding, gun toting lady wants anyone watching but her. As much as she likes you, I still think she'll say no, LOL!
              Bondage.
              Some people call it domestic violence.
              We call it foreplay.
              Got cuffs? GAME ON!

My routine and gains.

Comment

somebody needs to wave the

sign at this dude!
                Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
                Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking4more View Post
                  I don't think my Puerto Rican, knife wielding, gun toting lady wants anyone watching but her. As much as she likes you, I still think she'll say no, LOL!
                  I'll ask her! I promise "look, but no touch."

Comment

Originally posted by Dangler View Post
                    somebody needs to wave the

sign at this dude!
                    I offered perversion instead! I thought I would mix it up a little this Friday night....or scare him away? Hey bigjuan12 we are all really nice. When the rest of ladies show up tonight it will be a party!

Comment

Always wanted to sat that!
                      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Thanks for all the support guys! Sorry for the slow response, busy weekend. I've done two days of the JP90 routine so far and am going to keep at it! I'm having some trouble with the v-jelq, I think just due to hand strength, and it is more stimulating. Any tips surrounding that would be great. And don't worry, I"m not easily offended haha. I am excited at the potential of finally getting somewhere with PE! I'm wondering, I'm not great with record keeping, but would a posting in the progress/journal section be beneficial?

Comment

As tinkerbell use to say, "if you want a log, you need to keep a log."

I keep my routine on a spreadsheet (yes I'm an engineer) and add notes to help me remember some of the details. I'll add notes if I've split up the routine into two parts of the day, track any routine measurements, or note observations. It is also good to go back and look at past routines and notes to see if you can learn something from the past.

Comment

Working...
                          X