• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cementing Your Gains: Make your PE Gains Permanent

Cementing Your Gains: Make your PE Gains Permanent
    & maintaining EQ with stamina work.

Why Should I Cement My Gains?
    A few guys noticed that I made some good gains quickly (.75" BPEL), but I lost all of it due to a series of injuries and a forced exit from PE. The truth is, if you quit PE after reaching your goals, you will lose at least some of your gains. How much? It depends on how quickly you made your gains, and your physiology (genetics). Making your penis bigger is hard work & perhaps it's futile if don't take the steps required to keep it that way.

In other words, cementing your gains is probably as important as getting your gains in the first place.

A New Equilibrium
    Our body always attempts to heal & return to an equilibrium, that is a former resting point that your body was accustomed to. PE pulls your penile tissues (ligaments, tunica, veins, nerves, etc) to a length that your body is not 'comfortable with'. Your ligaments & other penile tissues will attempt to slowly creep back to their original state if nothing is done to permanently deform them. Sometimes, new controlled damage must be done (or repeated) to re-break limiting collagenous tissues (micro tears) which have healed shorter, or retracted, and attempt once again to cause them to heal longer. Effectively, once you reach your ultimate goal, you will start to shrink unless you keep working to maintain that length. To make things permanent, your body must reach a new equilibrium.

Creating a new equilibrium for your body takes years (no surpise there, right?). Your penile and other body tissues do have a 'memory' but this is not unlimited. If you PE long enough, you can permanently make your tissues 'accustomed' to their new, extended & expanded state. Molding yourself permanently into this new equilibrium is a significant task, however it is by no means as difficult as making your gains in the first place.

Can I Make My PE Gains Permanent?
    Yes. After you reach your ultimate goal you will need to do some more work to ensure you keep your gains for good (some of the reasons why are explained above). This process is usually called either a "Maitnenance Routine" or "Cementing Gains". You simply scale back your routine and take periodic measurements. If you lose size or girth, you'll have to work to regain the losses. Then you scale back your routine again, slowly over time. Keep repeating this cycle until your gains are permanent. Once your gains are 'permanent' you have effectively created a new equilibrium, or a new 'normal state' for your body.

Cementing Gains: How Long Does it Take?
    As mentioned above this is different for everyone. The driving factors are most likely:
    1-How long it took to achieve your gains (months, years)
    2-Your physiology (genetics)

If you managed to get your gains in less than 6 months, then you're at higher risk for losing all of them if you quit PE 'cold turkey' (no maintenance routine). On the other hand, if it took you 5 years to get your gains, and you only gained a very small amount during the last 2 years, it might not take you long at all to "cement your gains", since effectively, that's what you've already been doing (for a few years). Even if you go a few months and don't make gains, you're making progress. How can I say this? As long as you're not shrinking, you're cementing your gains.

Most people probably want a specific time-frame, and based on answers from a few veterans, most say at least 6 to 18 months are required to cement your gains. These veterans are probably assuming it took you a few years to reach your ultimate PE goals though. If you reach your goals quickly (less than a year), you may need even more time to cement your gains.

Now, even though the amount and density of your penile tissues can be permanently increased through PE, your stamina gains are always temporary and must be maintained. This is similar to working out your muscles at the gym; If you stop, eventually the muscle tissue can atrophy and shrink (go 'catabolic').

Stamina Work: The Never Ending Story
    Even if you make your penis permanently larger, you will still need to continue your stamina work long term, or the size of your erection could decrease (due to EQ losses). As you age over the years, if absolutely no stamina work is done it's possible you could completely lose your ability to get an erection. If nothing else, your erection quality (EQ) will slowly fade with time. At the most extreme levels of deterioration this is better known as Erectile Dysfunction (ED)--the inability to gain a full erection. This process usually begins around the age of 35, and as you grow older, the odds of getting ED probably increase exponentially, assuming no stamina work is done.

Age, declining testosterone, & falling HGH levels in your blood stream (along with other factors) will slowly cause deterioration in the smooth muscle tissues that allow to get an erection. The good news, is that with a little stamina work, this can be prevented.

Stamina work includes kegels, super kegels, towel raises, and any other similar exercises. If you want to have rock hard erections in your old age, most likely, you're going to have to work for it. If you keep working on your stamina long term, after cementing your gains, you may find your erections are harder and stronger than they were even in your late 20's. Kingpole is a great example of a guy that has come back from the brink of full ED and now has harder, stronger erections than many 25 year olds (check his log, he's doing towel raises!).

It's Worth It
    In short, we can permanently increase the size of our penis through PE. However, without continued stamina work, we will have smaller, weaker erections. In other words, if you don't work out your BC and other smooth muscle tissue (stamina), your erection quality will eventually decline. This is why some veterans will tell you that PE never ends; they are referring to stamina work. Perhaps it would more accurate to just say stamina work never ends, since 'Penis Enlargement' or PE eventually can end.

In other words, you wont need to keep jelqing, stretching, hanging, pumping, clamping, etc forever. Eventually, after you have 'cemented' your gains, you can just focus on stamina work such as kegels, super kegels, towel raises, etc. Some guys continue to do some jelqing as well, purely for penile health (I am told jelqs can clear the plaque from blood vessels resulting in a healthier penis). And perhaps that larger healthier penis (and perhaps larger balls as well due to increased testosterone production), will continue to serve the rest of your body with increased physical health, improved confidence, and possibly your happiness too.
    blink2000
    Last edited by blink2000; 09-03-2010, 07:15 AM.
    My progress journal / useful PE links

Thanks for reminding me, blink, of how far I've come and what I need to do to keep what I've accomplished--GREAT refresher lesson!!! I'm going to read this at least two more times. Good information needs to be absorbed slowly. By the way, I've decided to go back to my basic jelqing routine. The stretching reduces your EQ. The penis pump, however, has been a big help in getting back to a solid jelqing program.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback going411by7

This was written in response to a question I got about how I lost my gains. I think this has "cemented" the importance of a maintenance routine in my head. I wont be going cold turkey with PE this time, even if I get injured, I'll probably make sure to come back sooner.

Comment

Hey man! I identify. I lost half of mine after almost six months into p.e. because I cut back. But I could never maintain that kind of schedule anyway. Two hours a day seven days a week of jerking your dick was (as DLD from MOS would say) INSANE!!!

Comment

Excellent read blink! really useful to keep in mind. I suppose it would be like muscle gain at the gym, if you dont workout for a while you can loose some muscle. With all training its never good to cut it cold turkey.
          24 August 2010, Start:NBPEL: 13 cm/5.12"-EG: 13 cm/5.12"
          ST Goal (3m): NBPEL: 14.6 cm/5.75"s - EG: 14cm/5.52"
          LT Goal (1yr): NBPEL: 16.5 cm/6.5" - EG: 14.6cm/5.75"
          https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...malls-log.html

Comment

I added the part about our body wanting to reach a state of 'equilibrium'. That concept actually comes more from athletics than PE, but I thought it applied here. I have noticed my body has a memory of about 2 years. If I stay in exceptional shape for about 2 years, it starts to get much easier. To a small extent our 'body memory' extends farther than 2 years, but I find that the last 2 years is the most important.

I believe similar principles apply to PE, and perhaps my view is that I expect true cementing of gains should take around 2 years from when you first made the gains. I can't prove this, but what I know about our body memory or equilibrium suggests this.

Someone like Big Al probably has a lot of insight on this, since he started with body building (and perhaps remek too--in the few waist-down pictures I have seen, he appears to be a body-builder).

Comment

Yet another excellent article Dr. Blink

So in order to maintain your goal stats, would you say that you could actually surpass your goal (get bigger than you want to be), then slowly taper down from there? Would this method be more or less beneficial?
              Old Gym Log - Tracking progress with the iLogPE App
              "Wherever you go, there you are. Stay sexy, my friends."

Comment

What an article! Not technical but how important! All about the philosophy of PE. That it a really good job. It puts everything in perspective in a very wise manner and helps you realise what you're doing and how you need to do it. I mean: what's the point spending all this time growing a bigger penis if, 2 years after you've reached your goal, your penis is back to its original size.
                I'm getting more and more conscious that I'll have to PE almost all my life and it's good that others realise this too!
                Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries que mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes.

Comment

Originally posted by normalguy View Post
                  What an article! Not technical but how important! All about the philosophy of PE. That it a really good job. It puts everything in perspective in a very wise manner and helps you realise what you're doing and how you need to do it. I mean: what's the point spending all this time growing a bigger penis if, 2 years after you've reached your goal, your penis is back to its original size.
                  I'm getting more and more conscious that I'll have to PE almost all my life and it's good that others realise this too!
                  New guys are always asking if PE gains are permanent. This is just some straightforward, practical advice. It's not meant to be scientific so much as it is just to give a little guidance, or set some reasonable expectations for new guys. Your feedback is appreciated

Originally posted by GettinThereOK View Post
                  So in order to maintain your goal stats, would you say that you could actually surpass your goal (get bigger than you want to be), then slowly taper down from there? Would this method be more or less beneficial?
                  I also plan to try & 'overshoot my goals'. I think it's an excellent idea.

Maintenance even applies while we are still working towards our PE goals.
                  Example 1: if I switch from length work to girth work (or vice versa), I might lose length or girth unless I do some maintenance at least a few times a week (as always, maintenance work can slowly be scaled down in both intensity & time spent).
                  Example 2: if I maximize my ligament deformation gains with hanging & switch to Tunica work, my ligaments could still retract if I'm not doing something to maintain those ligament stretch gains.

I'm sure something better could be written on cementing gains. However, I didn't see any other article giving straightforward guidance to newer guys on this topic.
                  blink2000
                  Last edited by blink2000; 09-03-2010, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Another article right on the money, only just seen this. Well done Blink! I think it's important that new guys understand the long term nature of PE. If they commit to it, great, we'll have more like-minded fellas here at the gym. If they don't, well their loss, PE isn't for them and well maybe they wouldn't be too missed.
                    For a month's work here you've sure contributed a lot Blink. I feel your writings should be articles or some at least sticky's. Many should maybe be on the helpful links for beginners. Anyway thanks and well done!
                    Foreskins are friends.

Comment

aidan784, I really appreciate that

I do hope guys find the information useful. As I said, its not scientific, but I hope it can be used to at least point new guys in the right direction. It took me a lot of study before I understood cementing gains, etc & I'm giving away something that took me a while to figure out as well as some very hard personal experiences in just a few paragraphs.

In other words, the reason I wrote this is because I made a really big mistake by not sticking with PE through thick & thin. I hope I can help a few others avoid the same mistakes. Also, if someone is willing to contribute something more scientific, I would gladly edit this article, or link to someone else's article on the same subject. Or of course we could always just discuss it in this thread.

Comment

Would bathmate suffice for stamina work?
                        Pilots have big balls, so I'm growing my dick to match.

Comment

The bathmate is a type of pump, so I don't think it will do much for your stamina. Stamina work includes kegels, super kegels, towel raises, edging, and ballooning. Manual exercises, pumping, hanging, extending, and ADS devices: none of these are considered stamina work (although some guys say pumping helps with ED, and I've never fully understood how that works).

Both PE exercises and stamina work are complementary. Some stamina exercises (like edging and ballooning) can also help increase our penis size. Some PE exercises (like Jelqs) might help our stamina by clearing plaque from our veins. Some guys that do PE just for penile health sometimes still do jelqs.

Comment

One of the best (and really important) posts ever!
                            8.5" BPEL (8" NBPEL) x 6" MSEG

Comment

Nice post blink, very good information to be found here. As far as maintainence and stamina goes, how often per week do you feel is necessary to keep a good penis health and a high EQ? I felt that once im satified with my progress building muscle at the gym, I could combine maintaining my body and my penis on the same days.
                              Better to die quick,
                              Fighting on your feet.
                              Than to live forever,
                              Begging on your knees.

Comment

Working...
                              X